What is TOPSoccer?
TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a community based
soccer program that is designed to meet the needs of children aged
4-19 years with physical and/or mental disabilities. The
program is geared toward player development rather than to
competition. Athletes are placed on teams according to ability
NOT by age.
TOPSoccer furthers US Youth Soccer's mission of fostering the
physical, mental and emotional growth and development of America's
youth through the sport of soccer at all levels. In short, TOPSoccer
takes kids from the sidelines to participating in the game.
Ask the parents or participants of TOPSoccer and you'll understand
What is the TOPSoccer parent's role?
You will need to provide transportation to and from all
practices and games ensuring that the player is prompt not only in
arriving but also in departure. Please also stay and watch
practices and games and lend your support in a positive manner.
Always ensure that your child is dressed and brings appropriate
equipment to all games and practices. Parent's should also
provide necessary information to program administrator's and coaches
that will enhance your child's experience and progression in the
What a parent should expect from the program
- It will be fund and meaningful experience for you and your child
- The game and activities shall be adapted in ways that will ensure you child learns at his/her own pace.
- Practices and games will be organized.
- TOPSoccer will improve the overall fitness, self-esteem and social skills of your child.
What are the benefits of TOPSoccer for my child?
- You child will develop a sense of belonging to a community and will learn the value of being part of a team
- Improvement in self-esteem, fitness and social skills.
- Success based on ability